Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Life's Been Good To Me So Far


    by Beth

    Anyone else have Joe Walsh's song stuck in their head or is it just me? *g*

    Happy Birthday to Me! Yep, today's my 38th birthday and, in case you can't tell, I love my special day *g* I've been so blessed in so many wonderful ways - my family, my terrific friends (the bandits and bandit buddies top that list!) my writing career, good health...what's not to celebrate?

    When I was little, my birthday meant having my family around me after dinner for cake and ice cream. My mom would make Butterfudge Mallow Cake - a dense chocolate cake with butterscotch filling and marshmallow frosting - and put those little sugar flowers and decorations all over the cake. I'd open a few gifts and blow out the candles and then dive in (as you can tell by my pictures, I loved cake *g*)

    Some of my favorite gifts include the Cookie Monster slippers shown in my sixth birthday picture (except every time I wore them our poodle would go nuts, chase me around the house and attack Cookie's head) a Big Wheel (anyone remember those? so much fun!) and the brown leather jacket I got when I was 16. Of course, that was 1986 so the jacket had HUGE shoulder pads and patches of suede. No fringe though :-)

    Nowadays my favorite birthday presents are the handmade cards my husband and kids make - my daughters are great artists and my son makes cards using old pictures that always make me laugh *g* I spend my birthday writing but I refuse to cook so dinner is whatever I'm in the mood for - usually Chinese take-out *g* Today might be pizza though as I'm craving a big slice of cheese and mushroom pizza from the local pizzeria. No cake though unless one of my daughters decide to do some baking (yes, my son can bake but he has basketball tryouts and won't be home *g*)

    This Saturday my mom's cooking me dinner (my pick *g*) and will bake my choice of cake. My sister, her kids and husband will be there and my sister will give me the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives cookbook she bought me when we went shopping Saturday :-) I hope she wraps it!

    Now all I have to do is decide what I want my mom to make for dinner and what kind of cake I'm craving ;-)

    What about you? What are your favorite birthday memories? Favorite gifts? How do you celebrate your special day? And the most important question of all: What's your favorite birthday cake?

    And since it's my birthday there should be presents, right? So I'm giving away a copy of Not Without Her Family and a copy of one of Tawny's books (winner's choice of Double Dare, Does She Dare? or Risque Business) to one commenter!
    Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2008/11/life-been-good-to-me-so-far.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive