Saturday, November 22, 2008

As TIme Goes By...


    By Donna MacMeans

    Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving? Where has the year gone? Suddenly it's cold and I'm thinking about baking cookies, buying Christmas cards, and buying a 2009 calendar.
    Of course you can't buy just one calendar. There's the big month at a glance calendar that hangs in the kitchen with all the family events, birthdays, medical appts., exercise classes, etc. There's my personal month-at-a-glance dayrunner calendar to track writing events, accounting classes, aerobic classes, etc. Then there's my smaller weekly calendar that I use to track writing progress. These are all paper calendars - which I admit our my favorite. I like the pictures :-)

    The banditas maintain a yahoogroups calendar so we can keep track of our various blogging days. I belong to a goal setting group that also uses an internet calendar for its email reminders on meetings. I don't maintain a personal computer calendar or a PDA calendar but I know many do.

    I've read that calendars are man's (or woman's) attempt to organize their busy lives, to - in a sense - control time. Given that time is determined by the cosmos, this is our attempt to link our daily lives to the heavens. But I wanted to talk about the paper variety. I was at the bookstore today and the variety never fails to amaze me.



    I've loaded this blog with calendars that I'm thinking would appeal to the tastes of the various banditas. Can you match up which calendar goes with who?
    Not sure I've got one for everyone, but I tried.
    I hope I've got the click throughs set up that you can click on any of these images if you'd like to buy it. Are you a calendar afficionado? What type of calendars do you prefer? I must admit I used a calendar with lunar phases marked to keep track of the moon in THE TROUBLE WITH MOONLIGHT. I'll send a copy of THE TROUBLE WITH MOONLIGHT to one commentor.
    So let's talk 2009.
    Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2008/11/as-time-goes-by.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive