Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Bandits Welcome Kathleen Long!

    by Tawny Weber and Beth Andrews

    Beth: Tawny and I are thrilled to welcome awesome Harlequin Intrigue author and dear friend Kathleen Long to the Bandits' lair! Welcome, Kath!

    Tawny: Yay! Kath's in the Lair. that means it's wild party times. Kath, I'm so excited you're hanging out with us today. So... tell us everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. All the cool deets on you, your life, your naughty confessions. Oh wait, I mean, tell us about your story, Christmas Confessions.

    Kathleen: Hey there! I'm thrilled to be here and so glad you invited me over to the Lair. The Lair. Doesn't that sound wonderfully mysterious? I love it! As for me, there are absolutely no naughty confessions. You must have me confused with someone else. LOL Good suggestion on starting with Christmas Confessions, let's do that and get it out of the way. Christmas Confessions is my newest Harlequin Intrigue, a stand-alone thriller. The premise hit me one day while reading a story about PostSecret, an online site that draws countless handmade postcards each year. Each postcard features a confession of some sort—made anonymously. I was amazed by the outpouring of emotion and heartache displayed on the cards shown at the site, and I immediately thought what if someone used a similar site to confess a murder? Christmas Confessions and the fictional Don’t Say a Word website were born.


    Tawny: Wow, Kath that gave me chills. You come up with such... well, twisted ideas. I mean, you look so sweet!! How do you do it?

    Kathleen: Well, I do think twisted is the word for it. One of my favorite ways to kill time--no pun intended--is to take the latest headline and see what sort of murder mystery I can tease from it :-) I have one sister-in-law who routinely asks my DH if he sleeps with one eye open. He does admit to having a few moments of doubt the day he came home and found my favorite books--Scene of the Crime, 1001 Tips for Writing the Perfect Murder, Coroner's Report and Missing Persons--scattered across the kitchen table. What is it they say about it being the quiet ones you have to worry about?

    Beth: Thank goodness we know he doesn't have to worry - much ;-) I love how you use real events or news stories as inspiration. Do you ever use any of your real life events in your stories? And I have to ask...do you have any Christmas Confessions of your own to share? *g*

    Kathleen: I don't think I've used any of my real life events in my suspense. I've used plenty in my comedy, but you'll never get that out of me. I'd rather preserve the illusion of the polished person you all think I am. ;o) And, real life Christmas Confessions?? You mean like searching for the engagement ring until I found it and then having to act surprised, all the while kicking myself for reenacting the days of unwrapping the ends of each present before Christmas morning? Oh wait, that would be two confessions. Both of them hypothetical, of course.

    So how about you two? Any Christmas Confessions?

    Tawny: Ooooh, I love confessions. Lets see... there was the time that I snuck down to the tree one night and opened all my gifts using a teensy little pocket knife, then taped them closed again once I knew was I was getting. Then there was the one when I ran out of presents to unwrap, so I started on my little brothers. He still hasn't forgiven me for that one LOL.So wrong...and yet, so easy for me to imagine. ;o)

    Kathleen: Beth, how about you? Any Christmas Confessions?? She's going to try to say she doesn't have anything to confess. Watch and see...

    Beth: Now you two know I would never do anything naughty - especially around Christmas time! What's that? You're not buying it? *sigh* Guess you both know me too well :-) Hmm...well there was the one year my older sister and I unwrapped our presents and found the brand new Nintendo we'd been wanting. But we weren't satisfied with just finding the game...oh, no...we took it out of the box, hooked it up and played it! Then of course, we reboxed it, rewrapped it and left it in the hiding place in the attic. *g*

    Tawny: Wow, Beth. You were so NAUGHTY! Did Santa leave you coal after that???

    Beth: I'll never tell ;-)

    Kathleen: I'd bet he did leave her coal...unless of course, she really was the good girl she claims to have been and she made up her confession. Matter of fact, I wonder if all three of us made up our confessions? Wouldn't that be a cool way to give away a copy of Christmas Confessions?I say we ask today's visitors to tell us what they think. Who's telling the truth...and who's fibbing?

    One lucky commenter will walk away with a new book for their TBR pile. And while you're here today, why don't you share your favorite Christmas Confession? We'd love to hear your stories!

    Here's the blurb for Christmas Confessions: Jack Grant just couldn't leave a case cold. Luckily a hot tip led the investigator to Abby Conroy. Her Web site--Don't Say a Word--broadcast a stalker confessing his many sins, and every crime was committed to get Abby's attention. Establishing contact with Abby brought Jack closer to a killer who had haunted him since the death of his sister. It had left him frozen, yet focused beyond belief--the perfect condition to keep Abby safe. But if protecting her thawed the pain that had chilled his heart, would he still have a chance to bring her home this holiday?

    Sounds great, doesn't it? And make sure you check out Kath's website where you can find out more about her wonderful books! http://www.kathleenlong.com/
    Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2008/11/bandits-welcome-kathleen-long.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive