Thursday, May 28, 2009

Missing Important Pieces


    Doc. A again:

    "How is your exercising?" Not good Doc, I stopped again. "How about your walking?" Oh, yeah, that. I walked to the 72nd street station one day last week. "That's good," He nods with a smile, "Now you have to do that everyday." Oh god no.

    Just the thought of that walk everyday makes me tired. "You remember the time that you walked much, much more than that?" Yeah, when I was homeless I walked all over this damn city. "Well, you have my sym- pathies." I laugh. You're right doc, you're absolutely right. Oh, and Doc, that social worker at WECARE sent me an email stating that I HAD to go to that cardiologist appointment. She has to call you. "Why don't you just forward her email to me and I'll take care of it." Logical. That's one thing that you can say about my doctor is that he is logical. Alright Doc. "And get yourself a calendar, put it on your door, and make a check mark on every day that you do exercise." Calendar, exercise, got it doc.

    But the question is will I do it??

    "I sent you a slip for your MRI," Doctor A said. "I want to see if the growths in your stomach are blocking blood flow to your kidneys." Blood flow to the kidneys? I thought to myself. Growths that can constrict blood flow in the stomach? "When you get it, get your MRI and we'll talk." Okay Doc.

    I woke up early this morning...well, not really. I woke up at six thirty, and went back to sleep until seven thirty. I was too tired. It was a late night last night and I really didn't want to get out of the room...my womb. I should call it that for now on. Instead of room, womb. Hmmmm.

    I didn't want to leave, but I got cleaned, dressed, packed my gear, and headed out of the door. I went to Doc. A's first and got my check up, then to Starbucks to meet up with my brother who had a minor computer problem. I worked it out for him and then he was off. Heading to points unknown, leaving me sitting in Starbucks. I get an email:

    The info on the Cake Shop site changed. The performance is actually at 8pm tonight.
    Let me know if I might be seeing you.
    D2theL

    Hmmm, do I want to hang out tonight or take it easy. I've been taking it easy a lot lately. So easy that I've been putting on some weight. That I don't need. Maybe hanging out tonight will give me something other to do than sit in the Womb, eat and IRL. I think about it.

    But in the long run, I'm hungry and tired. I didn't bring enough cash to eat at Starbucks so as the day wears on I start starving, something I think everyone should do often, to know how the other half lives. But I've been sitting in the same chair, in Starbucks since 11:00am. Time now 8:30. That's a lot of time in the same spot. I'm feeling the exhaustion in my bones. I'm soon ready to go HOME.

    I watch people walk busily past the bay windows of the Starbucks, my brother off somewhere, only to return around 4:00pm. We work, as usual, at the same table, on the Grant Proposal. It is coming to its conclusion. We are mopping up the loose ends. OBSIDIAN has already sent the 'feeler' email to the Financier that told him that he could hook us up with foundations looking to give money to the arts. The next step has been made, we are moving forward. Next stop, the other grant proposal for the Stimulus Package.

    I am tired. I work on my Novels, yeah, on both of them. I can multi-task like that. I am also writing this post...I have the time, I'd best work hard with it. We are told by the girls in Starbucks that they are closing so we pack up our gear and head out.

    My brother rides with me home and we bullshit about everything. I leave him at 96th street and walk home on an overcast night. I put down my gear when I walk through the door. This is the end of another day. Tomorrow will be the real fun. Charliqua Lovebisquit will flip when she finds out that I didn't go to my cardiologist's appointment. There's a big penalty waiting for me, I just know it. Hold on gang...the real fun starts in the morning.

    HobobobSource URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2009/05/missing-important-pieces.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive