Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Addictions

    by Christie Kelley

    Well it seems this blog is putting virtual pounds on me with all the food talk lately. So I thought I'd break it up by talking about addictions...hmm, I have a bad feeling this may lead to more food talk. I'm not talking about bad addictions but ones that make you feel good.

    I guess I'll have to 'fess up. When I read Trish's post about not liking coffee or tea, my mouth gaped. You may have read that I brought my coffeemaker with me to my sister-in-law's house over Thanksgiving. I will admit, I'm addicted to coffee.



    And Starbucks. Ahh, Starbucks.

    There is just nothing better then when the gingerbread lattes come back to the stores. I wish Starbucks would have gingerbread flavoring all year long. A hint of nutmeg, some ginger and coffee. It's the best.

    When it gets warm outside there's the carmel frappuccino. A delicious blend of coffee, carmel and ice. Mmmm, perhaps it's time to move on to another addiction that doesn't make me want to make a Starbucks run.

    So the other addiction started as a child with me. Reading. I couldn't get enough books as a child. I was so lucky that I had three libraries within walking distance of my house. I came from a family of readers. My mom and dad both read, my brothers and sisters read too.

    Then as a teenager, I discovered romance books. Yep, I'm addicted. There is nothing like pulling out a romance and curling up in a chair for a few hours to escape the stress of the day. Before I started writing, I probably read 2-3 books a week. Now, I'm ashamed to admit that I'm lucky if I get that much reading done in a month. But when I read, I still reach for a romance over any other genre. I force myself to read the literary selections of my neighborhood bookclub. I know it's good for me to read outside of romance but honestly, I'm tired of emotionally draining books with unhappy ending. I want the happy ending!

    Onward to the last addiction I will admit to on a public blog. But I have to warn you, I'm back to food.

    Chocolate.

    Good chocolate, not cheap stuff you can get anywhere. I want Godiva...preferably truffles. Just biting into the creamy dark chocolate and soft filling is a fantasy for your tastebuds. I'm hoping Santa will drop some off under my Christmas tree this year.


    So now it's time for confession. I want to know all about your legal addictions. Nothing illegal or morally questionable. What food is your addiction/comfort? What is the one thing you must have when shopping in the mall? Come on, we all have them.


    In addition to one of the 12 Days presents, I'm giving away a signed copy of Every Night I'm Yours to one lucky commentor! Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2009/12/addictions.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive