Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why Blog?


    Link
    I would like to say something.

    For all of you out there who want to write a blog.
    You have a responsibility to yourself and others:
    1) To write the truth, even if it's as you see it. And in the long run, that's what it is, your opinion of the life raging around you. Every time you pick up a newspaper, or watch the news on television, don't believe the fucking hype. Don't believe all the bullshit about unbiased and objective. There is no fucking thing. Everything you read from another human being has a 'slant'. That's just a nice way of saying that everything that you read is opinion based.

    That's the truth. Everything is grounded in opinion. So will your blog be. If you tell the truth, you are A) respected, even if disliked and, B) protected. It's not libel.

    2) Not everybody likes blogs. That's the truth. You'll always come across the few that don't want to be mentioned, don't want their names in print. They want to be in the shadows, they don't want to be seen by the public eye.

    That's not the case with me. I choose to live in the public eye, to reveal everything about myself to the masses, simply because it's a relief. It's a heavy weight off my shoulders. And I really don't care what someone might think of me because I do this or have that. It's a shame for me sometimes, a pain for me at others, but I bear the weight of that too.

    But going back to writing blogs. It's an important expression that I'm wondering why others don't do. I wonder why others down want to open up their opinions of others, their fears their expectations. I wonder what mine would be like, my expectations that is, if I was still solvent. Still a working cog in the vast machinery of life. I wonder what things would have been like for me if I chose a different path. Would I still want to enshroud my thoughts in secrecy? Say one thing to another, say something else behind their backs?

    I have to write what I feel. I'm a writer, and I make no bones about that. I offer no excuses, I wish no one any ill will. You appear here in the confines of this space, this blog, simply because you have graced my life, you have brushed up against me in a crowd, you have entered into the same room as me, you've spoken to me, and caught my attention. You are not singled out by me, you are not targeted. You are as I see you to be. It's just my opinion.

    I realized that it's not easy to be in the public eye. I didn't choose to be so, I thought that blogging would be more fun than anything else. I thought at first that it was an exercise. Little did I know that I would be drawn to it in a number of strange ways. Little did I know that it would be so integral to my life. I simply wanted to chronicle living on the streets, the absurdity of life in general, little did I know that it would require writing about the people that I meet. And I do.

    Dear gentle reader. Many of you know me personally, others my a false moniker.

    To you all, I have my greatest confession that you'll read here on this blog.

    I am only being me.

    HobobobSource URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2008/10/why-blog.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive