Sunday, October 19, 2008

Totally Awesome!

    by Beth

    I admit it, as a child of the 80's, I watched way too much television. Other than curling up with a good book, TV was my favorite past-time. Okay, so it was my favorite past-time until I reached my mid teens when hanging out with my friends became priority number one. :-)

    But I digress (as I often do). Last week, a few things happened that made me think of some of my old favorite shows. The ones I watched week after week (the only show I watch faithfully now-a-days is Supernatural, but that's a whole 'nother blog about scary things that go bump in the night, awesome dialogue, heartbreaking emotion, the bond between brothers and two very good-looking actors who drive around in a super cool car *g*).

    Ahem. Now, where was I? Oh, yes, old favorite shows. Today, I'm going to share with you my Top Ten Favorite TV Shows of the 1980's (in no particular order):

    1. Family Ties - I still think this was a great show and I still remember how happy I was when Alex kissed Ellen (his real life wife Tracy Pollan) on one of the episodes.

    2. Quantam Leap - this show was about Dr. Sam Beckett who is trapped 'Leaping' into a new body in a different time period (but only within his own lifetime) each week, righting wrongs with the help of Al, his only contact from hom. Even though this show didn't come out until 1989, I'm still counting it. *g*

    3. Kate and Allie - a show about two divorced best friends (easy-going, sexy Susan St James and an uptight worrywort, Jane Curtin) who move in together (with their children). I honestly don't remember much about this show but I remember I HAD to watch it every week and my favorite character was Kate's daughter. Wonder if it's out on DVD?

    4. Who's the Boss? - (I'm seeing a theme here about family oriented comedy shows. *g*) Come on, don't tell me I'm the only one who wanted Tony and Angela to end up together!

    5. The Greatest American Hero - Slightly nerdy teacher Ralph gets a super suit and is turned into a superhero and fun was had by all!

    6. The Facts of Life - (now I have this theme song stuck in my head - aurgh!!) My favorite was Jo, the cute tomboy who drove a motorcycle and put snotty Blair in her place :-)

    7. Roseanne - only the first few seasons but I remember being mesmerized by the Conner family. And I still think the character of Jackie is one of the funniest ever.

    8. Growing Pains - remember when Kirk Cameron was a teen idol??

    9. The Cosby Show - the cute kids, Bill Cosby's contorted facial expressions and those LOUD sweaters he wore all. the. time. Man, I loved that show.

    10. Doogie Howser - another show I don't remember much about except that Doogie finally got together with his very pretty friend (Wanda?) and he had a wise-cracking friend named Vinnie. Okay, I just looked this show up on IMDB and it lists Steven Bochco (of NYPD Blue and Hillstreet Blues fame) and David E Kelley (The Practice and Boston Legal) as Doogie's creators. Who would've guessed it?

    So that's it! Okay, there are more but really, wasn't that list long enough? I'd rather turn it over to you all and hear what you have to say. What 80's TV shows were your favorites? Any you'd forgotten about until now? Were you a fan of ALF, Highway to Heaven or maybe Cagney and Lacey?

    I also thought it'd be fun to do a little TV trivia. What I'm going to do is ask a few questions throughout the day. The first one to answer correctly will win! Only one win per person please. *g*

    The First TV Trivia Question is:

    What academy award winning actor played Alex's favorite uncle on Family Ties? (I started off with an easy one. *g*)

    The first person to comment with the correct answer will win a signed copy of Tawny's September Blaze, Risque Business!
    Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2008/10/totally-awesome.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive