Friday, April 29, 2011

Shellshocked and Left to Cry

    .
    We have now surpassed technology with common sense.

    I realized something today that disturbed me. I looked at all these gadgets that I have attached to my email application, you know, those notifiers and shit. You get an email and a banner slides up with the subject line, and a tune plays. It lets you know the instant something interesting comes in and if you want to drop the application that you are in to go check your email.

    I'm working, looking at what's popping up, and they are just notifications, ads, newsletters, blah, blah, blah. But no personal emails. I don't hear from my friends any more, I don't hear from relatives. Nothing. It's a void out there now when it comes to keeping in touch with friends through email. And do you want to know why?

    Fucking Facebook. I abhor Facebook. I never use it, but I had to give up and make a profile and find a few friends. Something that got out of hand the instant that I did it before. But that's another story. Right now, we have given up our privacy and identity to enter into a 'club of communication.' We tell Facebook everything that we can of a personal nature to join, and then this data goes into the ether and we can now join with our family and friends in the wonderful experience of communicating with them. Like we couldn't to that before with email. So here's what happened.

    For those of us who resisted Facebook, our emails evapor- ated, leaving us with notices and news- letters. We entered into a social wasteland, we were EXCLUDED and therefore left to rot alone in our own Private Idahos. We were abandoned by friends and loved ones until we could take it no more, and were forced to join just to 'stay in touch'. This is what happened to me. I looked on Facebook, and watched as all of my friends were interacting, with their thoughts and experiences, and doing so outside of the old email days, and I said to myself, 'I'd better start friending people again.'

    You see, that was the first of my problems with Facebook. I friended one person, and then another and another until I was completely inundated with data. Now, I have to play a game of catchup if I'm going to make Facebook work for me. I want to tailor it a bit better so that I can keep an eye out for my friends and relatives. And this is the disturbing thing....KEEP AN EYE OUT. That even sounds a little like invasion of privacy. Know what I mean? I'm being as criminal and as nosy as the people who created Facebook.

    But I've conceded. I'm going to learn how to use it just to keep up with the people in my life.

    Like I said earlier though, our technology has surpassed our common sense. Now, that I'm swallowing my pride as well as the bullet in learning and using Facebook, I've looked at the idiotic nature of Twitter. I find it just as morally corrupt and bankrupt as Facebook. However, who am I to say these things. Facebook has undoubtedly changed the landscape of the Internet, okay....then what the fuck is TWITTER doing? Changing the fucking stupidity?

    I mean, do I really want to know what you are doing right this fucking second? It's bad enough that you can do it on Facebook, but TWITTERING daily? Through your cell phone? Maybe that's my problem. I don't have a cell phone to twitter. Maybe if I did, it will make perfect sense to bore people with my scratching my ass. I mean, I KNOW I bore the fuck out of you with this fucking blog. And I only give you an overview of part of my life. And yet, here you have people handing out the minutiae of their lives in mass dosages. I mean, I made a twitter account some time ago because I didn't want to be left behind. Then I found that sometimes technology doesn't make us smarter, and isn't more useful, it is just a burden and a fad.

    Whatever. Now I have my Twitter account reacti- vated. I'm going to use Facebook. I feel like a dirty whore giving blowjobs 'out back' for ten dollars, and what can I say? Can I make an excuse? Can I say that I'm sorry to turn out to be a hypocrite to all of my readers out there that will link me to my past condemnations of these two sites of social media? Go link away. I can eat crow, with salt and pepper, deep fried in vegetable oil.

    Or I'll post it up on Facebook, and then Twitter you that I did it.

    HobobobSource URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2011/04/shellshocked-and-left-to-cry.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive