Monday, May 10, 2010

Your Sweetest Little Sin

    by Christine Wells

    With the Banditas shortly descending on Mickey Land and Joanie T's determination to drag whoever will come with her on the It's a Small World ride, I thought it fitting to do a tribute to all those catchy songs, TV shows, books, foods that you know are either in bad taste or bad for you but you just can't get them out of your head or off your playlist or off your plate!

    (Not that I would ever allege that It's a Small World is in bad taste or bad for you, just so we're clear! It's the catchy part I was thinking of there. OK, Joanie? OK?)

    Here's my list:

    Music:

    Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head. Like the song says, I can't get it out of my head once I hear it on the radio. Another catchy tune is the Woolworth's supermarket Fresh Food People jingle (solely an Oz invention, I assume!) -- caught myself humming along to that one in the supermarket the other day, talk about embarrassing!

    And Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night by Black-Eyed Peas. They use a snatch of this song instead of a school bell at my son's school and boy does that song run in annoying monotone circles round my brain all day!

    Books:

    Do you have any series that are just addictive? I can't go past an Elizabeth George Inspector Lynley mystery. I just have to know what happens next in the saga of Inspector Lynley, even though I don't care an awful lot about the murder mystery itself.

    Oh, and while we're on the subject of reading matter, Marie Claire magazine. I buy it for the articles. Truly! I know it's just a big ol' waste of money but I can't resist. Oh, look, free sunglasses this month. Shiny!

    TV Shows:

    Wait for it... Entourage! Yes, I know, I know. It's sick:) But I have to laugh sometimes at the parallels between the crazy ups and downs of Hollywood and the publishing world and shake my head over the insanity of it all.

    I'm also getting a kick out of How I Met Your Mother, which brings back memories of my own crazy friends in those pre-married, pre-kid years. And look at that, Doogie Howser is all grown up!

    The last one, which Vrai Anna recommended a while back is ACE OF CAKES. Not only do they make phenomenal cakes (anyone see the Hogwarts episode?) but they're a fun group of people to watch.

    Food:

    My Sweetest Little Sin (yeah, you know I had to throw THAT in *G*) is choc chip cookies. I cannot resist them, especially the ones I make myself. I have to ban myself from the supermarket aisle with the choc chips in it so I don't throw them in the trolley. I also cannot start the day without a jumbo cup of instant Moccona Indulgence coffee. I know. It's sacrilege. I'm a coffee slob, what can I say?

    Over to you, Bandita Buddies! What are your guilty little secrets, hmm? The winner will receive a signed copy of SWEETEST LITTLE SIN!Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2010/05/your-sweetest-little-sin.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive