Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eating My Words


    So, I'm reviewing my blog from last month. The one where I was basically talking myself out of adopting a pet.

    Pretty sound arguments I decided as my new kitten nibbled on my toes.

    Yup, I went from 0-60 in 30 days.

    I have a new pet.

    Here she is, the little darling. Her birth name was Chaos. While somewhat accurate, I thought it too negative a connotation. So, I changed it to Cricket. Still appropriate as she bounces from couch, to wall, to perch, to recliner, to floor and back again. Whew, I get exercise just watching her!

    Now remember, I hadn't had any type of pet (fish don't count...not really. You can't pet a fish) since I was a child. I didn't really realize how I'd have to kitten proof the house. The first time out of her carrier? She headed straight to a kitten size opening I didn't remember I had under my cabinet. Got her tail in the nick of time.

    She loves to snuggle and perch on my knee. She's starting to pay attention to the birds outside and is onto my kitten evasive manuevers.

    Some things I've learned in 2 weeks:

    1. Cats don't care that you want to eat alone.....they want to help.

    2. She'll require a manicure more often then me while I.....will need more Bandaids and Neosporin.

    3. You THINK she's in the carrier while you vaccum???? Ha!

    4. That's not a horse you hear galloping around your house....it's a manaical cat. I should have called her "My Little Pony."

    5. She knows the mousie on a stick is not real...but plays with it to amuse you.


    But she snuggles and is good at night. Is using her "big girl" litter box and greets me at the door.

    We've often taken polls here in the Lair. What about you? Cats or Dogs? Or "other". What's your favorite type of pet? And names. What is your pet's name and why?
    Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2010/05/eating-my-words.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive