Friday, April 16, 2010

Summer Vacation

    by Christie Kelley

    I know it’s only April but already I’m dreaming of summer vacation. Between finishing my fifth book and blogging all over the web for my release of SOMETHING SCANDALOUS, I’m tired. I caught my first full-blown cold in a couple of years last week. I need to get away. Since I can’t go anywhere yet, I thought maybe if we talked about our vacation plans that would make me feel better.

    My husband and I had planned to take our kids to Iceland this year. We thought we would have a fun time touring the small country and maybe get some hiking in.

    Hmm, has anybody seen p
    ictures of Iceland this week? Big volcano blowing ash and sending lava down toward the sea, I don’t think so! When we first heard about the volcano becoming active again back in February, we decided it might be best to change our plans.

    Then we thought about going to Scotland or Ireland with the boys. Until we checked the airfare and the exchange rates and decided that wasn’t going to happen this year. And as I write this on Thursday, that darned volcano in Iceland is disrupting air travel all over the British Isles. I think we made another good choice.

    So we decided this wasn’t our year to go to Europe. We asked our oldest where he’d like to go (this is partly to celebrate his high school graduation) and he said a cruise!

    A cruise?



    Really?

    We hadn’t thought about that as an option. We started checking into it and quickly decided this was a fantastic idea. One of the biggest draws of a cruise is simply that we don’t have to fly!! We found a great 9-day Caribbean cruise that departs from Baltimore. I can be in Baltimore in fifteen minutes.

    Now come July, I’ll have 9 days to relax on a ship. We’ll be visiting St. Thomas, San Juan, Dominican Republic and one of the cruise line’s islands. I get back just a few days before Nationals so I will be tanned and
    relaxed for Nashville. I really can’t wait for July!

    But back to reality for just a minute, I received the cover for my October release, SCANDAL OF THE SEASON and wanted to share it with you.


    For ten years, Anthony Westfield, Viscount Somerton, hasn’t been
    able to forget the woman with whom he spent one scandalous night. When their paths cross again, he’s shocked to discover Victoria Seaton is an accomplished pickpocket. But Somerton leads a double life of his own. Working on an undercover assignment, he makes Victoria a proposition: pretend to be his mistress or risk ruin. Yet soon he’s tempted to turn their charade into reality—and surrender to an explosive passion…


    Victoria can’t believe the man who almost destroyed her life a decade ago is now threatening to unravel her secrets. But posing as his mistress at a holiday
    country party is a game she can play well. For just one look into Somerton’s eyes still weakens her with lust. And with Christmas fast approaching, every kiss they share under the mistletoe only makes Victoria fall more deeply in love…

    Now I want to hear about your vacation plans. Do you have big plans? Maybe a staycation this year? I’d love to hear about it!

    Since I’m still celebrating my release of SOMETHING SCANDALOUS, I will give one copy to someone who comments today. Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2010/04/summer-vacation.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive