Thursday, August 20, 2009

17 Again?

    by Beth

    My daughters recently watched the movie 17 Again. Though I didn't watch it with them, I couldn't stop thinking about the premise (a 37 year old becoming 17 again) and wondering:

    Would I like to be 17 again?

    To answer this question, I made two lists. The Pros of Being 17 vs The Pros of Being 38. Here we go :-)



    The Pros of Being 17

    • Faster metabolism. And boy did I take it for granted *g* Back in the day I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain a pound!


    • No gray hair. Though I'm not sure the curled under bangs, poof of hair on top and spiral perm was the best look for me.


    • No wrinkles


    • Little responsibility. No bills to pay (except for my car insurance and gas) no one asking me to take them to cross country/volleyball/basketball practice, didn't have to worry about things like medical insurance or who was going to water the tomatoes.


    • Fearless. Was willing to try anything at least once :-)


    • I didn't have to get groceries. I love to cook but could live w/o getting groceries *g*


    • More time to read, hang out with friends, go to the movies etc.


    • Could stay up past 10 pm and not even get tired!


    • Had whole life ahead of me.

    The Pros of Being 38



    • In better shape. I may not be as thin as I was but I'm healthier and in better physical shape *g*


    • Better hair style and better fashion sense. My big hair and pleated jeans with tapered legs are long gone, thank God.


    • More freedom. I can come and go as I please and best of all, no curfew so no one can ground me for being late :-)


    • No high school!


    • No teenage angst (except from the two teens and one preteen living here *g*)


    • My husband and kids. I didn't know any of them when I was 17 ;-)


    • Great friends. I had some good friends when I was a teenager but the friends I have as an adult are the absolute BEST!


    • A career I love.


    • I STILL have my whole life ahead of me *ggg*

    I think I'll stick with the age I'm at. After all, it took me a lot of years to become the woman I am today, I'd hate to take a chance on messing that up just for a faster metabolism ;-)


    Would you like to be 17 again? What Pros can you think of for going back to a younger age? What are the Pros of being the age you are now?

    Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2009/08/17-again.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive