Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kill Bill Unbroken

    "('Kill Bill') is an epic, damn it, not a serial and must be seen as a single unified piece." - Me, August 2009

    You win some, you lose some. Living in Chicago means I've had to deal with Michael Bay and his "Transformers 3" invasion but it also means I have access to the Gene Siskel Center and it just so happens that tomorrow the Gene Siskel Center is showing Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" as God intended - that is, back-to-back. Together. One single unified piece. Glory hallelujah. (This also means I get to watch it unbroken while drinking a beer.)

    The first "Kill Bill" was one of the greatest moviegoing experiences of my life and proof that nothing - absolutely nothing - can be, as they say, built up too much because ever since I watched "Pulp Fiction" and was mesmerized by Uma Thurman as Mia Wallace I had been building up in my mind the moment when Tarantino finally made a movie with Uma in the lead role and despite having built it up for, what, eight years the movie still surpassed my insanely inflated expectations. The rush I felt when it was over....dear God, the rush. I'll never, never forget it. (And then, re-proving that every great thing in my life must immediately be counter-acted by a bad thing, the very next day my beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers lost to Missouri for the first time in 25 years.) Now I get to re-live it.

    "One ticket to Tokyo, please."Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2010/07/kill-bill-unbroken.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive