Friday, July 31, 2009

I Hear the Naked Rain


    I had an ugly night's sleep.

    On/off, on/off, on/off! Finally my eyes open for good at 9:00am. I should be sitting in one of the classrooms in the Roach Motel by now. Fuck FEGS. I had an appointment with Dr. A. today and I wasn't going to miss it for their shit. He is my savior, my friend. I miss him when I don't make one of my appointments to see him. That says a lot if you think about it.

    I turn around and plant my face into the pillows. When I awaken it's 10:30am, nearly time for me to split. I jump up and get ready, and get online, finding nothing. I head downstairs. On my way out of the elevator I am brushed aside by a unit of five police officers along with Slick O and two white lab coated men. They were intense and commanded the elevator immediately. I was glad to slip out and down the long hall. Someone was in deep shit. Outside, in front of the building were two squad cars and an ambulance with Bellevue on it's side. The roof lights were going off on the three vehicles. A crowd of people were beginning to congregate. This was time for me to leave.

    I struck off downtown, marching, listening to my walkman. The day was humid but not muggy. The sun, obscured by a few dark clouds but would peep through every so often. The dark clouds brought moments of rain, which caused me to duck under a store awning for a few minutes. Otherwise, it was a decent day for walking. Within an hour I had walked from my door on 98th street on the Westside to 59th street on the Eastside.

    Before long, I had walked all the way to Dr. A's. office on 40th street. I was wringing with sweat but not tired at all. Dr. A. was pleased. Well, my checkup went well, but he tells me that, concerning my MRI, he does not want them to use the contrasting dye in my bloodstream because it will cause my kidneys to fail. Kidneys which are already weak from years of living on the streets. Yes people, being homeless can cause irreparable damage to your organs.

    That was good news. That's what all the shenanigans was about when I went there swinging balls and all. I thanked Dr. A. He gave me my doctor's note, and I split, this time taking the train home. I know now that I can do the amazing, which is walk all the way home from midtown. I decide that I'm going to do this once a week.

    Upon coming home I go through my mailbox. One is a letter that I have been waiting for from the Medicaid office. Today is the last day that I have to pick an HMO or they will pick one for me. The paperwork just came in today. The second envelope was from WESCARE. Remember what I said in a previous post: "This higher power will pass my case on to HRA who will contact me, by letter or in person when I do come in, somehow. This letter, lets say, will have the THREAT, the MOTIVATION. My benefits will be in jeopardy." Well, lets read this letter:

    From, Ms. Robot: "Dear WEHAIR participant, You have been scheduled for a mandatory appointment to meet with you case manager on August 4th. Please note that if you do not attend this appointment your case will be in danger of being closed by HRA and WECARE. This action could stop you from continuing to receive your benefits...."

    Hmmmm, here we go. The party has started and the dance music is playing. Time for me to hit the dance floor August 4th. Till then, FUCK THEM. I'm not going in. I'm taking a vacation from their crap. Simple as that. They'll resort either to an action or a threat. Either one I'm ready for. How strange, that just a little pause, which is two days from their antics, is worth all of the shit that they put me through. Incredible. I think tomorrow I'm going to schedule a fair hearing because this could go South in a heap a speed. I want to have all my options open when that does happen.

    I get upstairs, hop behind my computer and try to blog but my eyes get heavy and my thinking cloudy. It is nap time. I take a quick hour nap and I'm back at it, typing away like a storm on my system. I attempt to choose an HMO today. I call in and find their offices closed. What does that mean? Do they choose one for me while their customer service is closed? Am I fucked, because the wrong choice could cause me to lose all of my doctors in a heartbeat. This will be interesting to see and hear.

    When it rains on you it fucking pours.

    I don't have an umbrella, but I don't need one. I've taken quite a lot from life. This is nothing new.

    Shitmotherfuckergoddamn!

    HobobobSource URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-hear-naked-rain.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive