Monday, March 23, 2009

Crank It All The Way Up

    What's up with the world today?

    I'm wondering how to save the few little dollars that I get my hands on and AIG executives are getting bonuses after the company just begged the government, and by extension, the American taxpayer for cash because their company was bankrupt. Weren't they just busted? How were they supposed to pay for BONUSES when their company was supposed to be slipping into oblivion? This perplexes me. Why did we give them cash in the first place? Because they employ millions of Americans? The company will just get gobbled up by a better functioning one and these people, or the majority will just be re-hired by....

    OHHHH, that's why they were bailed out. Upper and middle management executives, aka fat fucking cats who are used to these huge bonuses were about to get the axe with NO MONEY and NO SEVERANCES. They were about to get their just deserts. Oh that's how it goes. So they hide behind their workers and claim threat of loss of millions of American jobs and we bail them out, thinking we're saving joe the blow, while they sit back and get their bonuses. For jobs poorly done. What are we going to do next year? Bail them out again?

    And why the outrage now that these fat fucks are writing out large checks to themselves at the taxpayers expense? When you give money to a company to help them out, you do so with the understanding that the company knows best. That's why banks are so reluctant to give money to companies that aren't doing so well. If you go in for an expansion loan, they'll be more likely to give you the cash. But go in their for help to keep your company, and they want millions of assurances, and they want to know if your collateral is in order.

    Do you ever wonder why we didn't LEND AIG the money? Because if they would have folded, they wouldn't have given that money back anyway. We gave it to them in good faith. And there you go, they abused that faith.

    Oh let me get off the greed thing. I'm just feeling remorse over putting my books on the blogsite. I feel a little like a sellout. But I'm just too lazy to open another site for them. It's just an extension of my primary one. If I'm lending to the commercialization of the web, then that's just what I'm doing. I'm being an AIG fat cat. If you want to go that far.

    It was a Sunday. My favorite day. There is absolutely nothing to do other than sit online. It makes a man crazy. All that time on your hands. No wonder people go to church and give a large part over to god. It makes them feel less guilty. Maybe AIG executives should go to church more often on Sundays. Maybe they might learn something or two about greed. I get up, thinking that I'm going to call my mother. I haven't talked to her in a week. I'm just feeling so guilty to have so much time to myself. It's a weird feeling. So what do I actually do? Work on my novel. I just bang away on it, plowing through it as if it was a mound of dirt before a bulldozer.

    The story? A detective jam with a twist, that I really can't talk about. I can't talk about the entire book. It's so top secret that I don't even talk to myself about it. So why did I bring it up? I don't know. It was the first thing that came to my mind after I thought about calling my mother and about those AIG fuck ups. That shit just burns me up.

    Well I work on my computer all Sunday. It's a sabbath, and I know you shouldn't be working on it, but I'm not religious. I leave all that for the Jesus Freaks.

    The night falls behind me and my little room grows dark. I work on through the night, pounding away on the keyboard. I'm glad I bought this little Alto, or my laptop keyboard would be taking an ass whupping. It slips past Midnight, past One, past Two AM. I finally call it a night. All day online. All day, that and writing this novel. I'm prolific.

    I crawl into the bed and find sleep. I sleep for a few hours before I rise again.

    HobobobSource URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2009/03/crank-it-all-way-up.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive