Saturday, March 21, 2009

Are You Sitting Comfortably?

    by Anna Sugden

    There used to be a storytime programme on BBC radio called "Listen With Mother" which started with just those words.

    Are you sitting comfortably? Then, I'll begin.

    What better way to open a blog post about sexy voices? After all, the guys I'm going to talk about could read me a bedtime story any time!

    I remember listening to the director's voice-over for Love, Actually where Richard Curtis talked about having Alan Rickman round to his house and ended up reading his son a bedtime story. As you might imagine, Richard Curtis was also drawn in by the great Alan Rickman's voice and story-telling skills.

    Who can forget the amazing scene in Four Weddings and a Funeral when the delicious John Hannah read that WH Auden poem with his yummy Scottish accent? (He's pretty sexy in Sliding Doors too). Did I mention that I bumped into him once in a book store?

    And who can deny the appeal of Sam Elliott's deep, gravelly voice. I love the movie Tombstone, as much for listening to him speak as for the romance between Wyatt and Josie and the divine Doc Holliday (I'll be your huckleberry!)

    Then, there's George Clooney. Somehow, whenever I hear him speak, I can hear the twinkle in his eye.

    And Eric Roberts (yes, his sister is Julia) - I remember a Molson beer commercial years ago where the strapline was "long, cool, good and bubbly ... come on". Be right there, Eric!

    Shakespearean actor Patrick Stewart is another favourite - the man could make the back of a can of bathroom cleaner sound fascinating!

    Though I'm not a huge fan of the Irish accent, Liam Neeson is a major exception. His voice and accent complement each other perfectly.

    So, come on share with us - who do you think has the sexiest voice? Who would you like to read you a bedtime story?Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2009/03/are-you-sitting-comfortably.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive