Friday, October 23, 2009

Par-ty, Par-ty!



    by Donna MacMeans

    Sorry, it's not a launch party. No exciting excerpts or promising premises today. Plenty of those coming up in the near future, though.


    Today, I'm celebrating my birthday. It's actually tomorrow but, you know, the older I get - the longer the celebration lasts (grins)! So party with me. Celebrate your birthday - no matter the date. It's Friday. Let's all just kick back and have fun. I've instructed the cabana boys to be generous with the frothy drinks and I've ripped open a few bags of Halloween candy for treats. There's still a full week to replace the evidence. Please note that fire regulations restrict the number of candles I can put on the cake (grin).

    For those into such things, I'm a Scorpio. Right on the cusp, actually. According to Astrology-online.com, that means I'm determined, forceful, emotional, intuitive, powerful, passionate (yeah!), exciting and magnetic. Yup - that's me (very big grin). I'm also jealous, resentful, compulsive, obsessive, secretive and obstinate - well, maybe not so much. I was really into this astrology-thing when I read that good professions for me would include anything that involved analysis, investigation, research, dealing with practicalities, and the solving of mysteries. When one considers the mysteries inherent in the IRS code - it's apparent both CPA and historical romance writer fit me to a tee.



    As I'm on the cusp for Libra, I read those traits as well. Diplomatic, urbane, romantic, charming, easygoing, sociable, idealistic and peaceable - well heck, those work for me as well. Downside - indecisive, changeable, gullible, easily influenced, flirtatious and self-indulgent - some of those fit. Maybe I can pick and choose the traits I like between the two signs. Cuspiness has its priviledges.

    I was born in the year of the Dragon which means I believe rules and restrictions are made for other people. I'm an extroverted bundle of energy, gifted and utterly irrepressible, confident, fearless in the face of challenge and inevitably successful ---no, don't think that's me.

    I am, supposively, a water dragon and I must admit I experience a creative rebirth when I'm near the ocean. So that fits. Dragons are also compatible with roosters, the GR was pleased to hear that. This site also says the Dragon's originality is the most impressive and outstanding of all is characteristics - like the sound of that. Just in case you were wondering...this site says suitable gifts for a dragon include tarot cards, camera, a copy of the I Ching, mirror, a family crest, and a mobile phone. What! No bling!

    Speaking of presents - there's a pile of them by the front door. I think my husband is taunting me - does yours do this? He has shopped exclusively online and hasn't opened any of the parcels - but has left them there to entice me with the stack. I do like presents. It doesn't matter what kind of present it is - as long as it's wrapped. I prefer the paper/scotch tape type of writing rather than the pretty bags - but I put other people's presents in pretty bags all the time. I like to go to the hard work of opening a gift, but have no patience for the wrapping of one.


    I'm hoping for a new laptop. Those don't look like laptop boxes by the door, but hope springs eternal. As a result of my kids using my laptop for their homework papers, and I suspect for the occasional online shoot 'em up game, I no longer have a delete key/or function. If I make an error, I have to backspace. That's a pain. However, I suspect I'll have to buy my own laptop one of these days. My family learned long ago that they can't go wrong with a book for a gift and I think that's what's in the pileup by the door - more fodder for the TBR pile.

    This past year I've released The Seduction of a Duke and a story in the anthology, Tails of Love. I won a number of awards for The Trouble with Moonlight - so those three titles will be giveaways for today's blog. I also have a couple of DVDs from Lori Foster's event that contain an interview with myself and several other authors. Those are up for grabs. So tell me - What are you hoping for your birthday/ Christmas? Do you believe in astrology symbols? Any Scorpios out there? What's your sign - does it fit? Do you have any thoughts on wrapping paper? Singing cards? Birthstones? (Mine is an opal, by the way). Do you do anything special on your big day? Let's celebrate!Source URL: http://extravagancedeplumes.blogspot.com/2009/10/par-ty-par-ty.html
    Visit extra vagance de plumes for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive